Rising property values and an inheritance tax threshold that has been frozen at £325,000 since 2009 mean that more and more people could find their estates exposed to inheritance tax liabilities in the future.
At MD Consulting, our tax and independent financial planning specialists provide expert advice on mitigating potential inheritance tax liabilities, with the aim of producing effective solutions that deliver tax efficiency while also ensuring you make provision for a comfortable standard of living in later life, taking into account issues such as future housing and care needs.
The earlier you start planning, the greater your opportunity to take full advantage of the tax options available. Issues we consider as part of the inheritance tax planning process include:
- the use of trusts and transferring assets into these
- assessing the advantages of a share reorganisation in any private limited company in which you may be involved
- transferring agricultural or business property
- planning in respect of the family home
- assistance with reviewing wills and ensuring they are tax-efficient
- optimising the value of lifetime transfers
- lifetime gifts
- ensuring that potential pitfalls are avoided e.g. gifts with reservation of benefits
- arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities.
To find out more about MD Consulting’s inheritance tax planning services in Buckinghamshire, or to arrange a free initial meeting to discuss how we can help you in more detail, please contact us.